Engineering Futures Session
|Event Type:||Academic Event
|Location:||Kingsbury Hall N121
Saturday, October 13, 2012
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Public,Student Organization Sponsored Events
What: Engineering Futures Session - "People Skills"
Hosted by two professional engineers, organized by Tau Beta Pi, NH Alpha Chapter
When: Saturday Oct. 13 10am-2pm
Where: Kings N121
Lunch is provided!
People Skills — communicating and resolving interpersonal problems
- Communicating Interpersonal Problems
- Learn how to communicate interpersonal problems in a manner that will get the problem solved while maintaining relationships with others.
- Diagnosing the Cause of Interpersonal Problems
- Resolving Motivational Problems
- Learn how to motivate people by communicating consequences of not resolving the problem. Also learn how to set up and follow plans once a solution is agreed upon to help ensure that the problem is permanently solved.
- Resolving Ability Problems
- Learn how to involve the individual with the ability problem in developing a solution to his or her ability problem.
- Resolving Emergent Problems
- Learn to identify and resolve emergent problems (secondary problems that arise during the resolution of a problem) such as high emotion (anger, stress, etc.) or complex, unintelligible responses to questions.
Is the event open to the general public (anyone can attend)?:Yes