Picture This! The Art of Graphic Facilitation
Meetings are Costly
Organizations and groups invest substantial resources (i.e., salaries, time, energy) in bringing people together to accomplish complex collaborative tasks and goals. Often, these groups have little more than an agenda to guide them and someone charged with taking notes or “meeting minutes.” This is a little like hiring a team of carpenters and telling them to “build a house” without providing tools to make the job easier or a blueprint that shows how parts intersect to form a comprehensive whole.
Graphic Facilitation Adds Value
Graphic facilitation adds another layer of clarity to communication--a visual language--to help people with diverse ideas, beliefs, and learning styles work and think together. Research has shown that visual language in business and educational settings:
- Produces better problem solving
- Produces higher scores in less time (comprehension and learning)
- Aids decision making, promotes group consensus, and shortens meeting time
- Is persuasive and makes a better impression
This workshop offers an accelerated learning experience in graphic recording and facilitation. Through a series of structured practice sessions, participants will develop basic skills in using visual language to record the give and take of conversation during meetings. Examples of visual strategic planning and problem solving tools that a facilitator can use to organize information "in the moment" will be demonstrated.
- Orientation to graphic facilitation
- The building blocks of visual language
- Recording practice sessions
- Organizing information to support group process
- View templates
Is the event open to the general public (anyone can attend)?:Yes